Leaders in solid state media workflows
Since the advent of Panasonic’s P2 HD cameras in 2006, Award Winning Media have been ahead of the curve in the use and efficient workflows of solid state cameras including Sony SxS, P2, Red, Arri and Blackmagic. We pride ourselves on having advanced technical knowledge as well as highly developed aesthetics and the ability to create innovative digital cinematography solutions for your next project.
My current “A” camera is the awesome Sony PMW F5, recording 4K ProRes to an Atomos Shogun external recorder or ProRes HD 4444 internally.
My digital cinematography work spans from big event coverage (Tour de France, Olympics, Commonwealth Games & Rugby World Cup), through to factual, reality, documentary, tourism, live sport, promos, TVC’s and music video.
- Sony F5 CineAlta 4K camera with Fujinon Cabrio 19 – 90 cine zoom as well as 11 – 16mm Tokina and 80 – 200mm Nikon cine zooms. Recording HD ProRes 4444 in camera and ProRes 4K 422 via Atomos Shogun recorder. Chrosziel wide format Mattbox + loads of filters
- Sony FS700 (slow-mo and effects camera)with 18 – 200mm lens, 16mm wide, 8mm fisheye lenses
- Panasonic HPX3700 ENG/EFP camera with 10 x 4.5mm and 21 x 7.6mm Canon HD zoom lenses
- Sony + GoPro action cams
- 360Fly VR camera
Grip & Camera Support:
- DJI Ronin Gimbal with extended arms to fit Sony F5
- Kessler Cine Slider with motion control – time-lapse kit
- Varavon Mini slider (for DSLR and GoPro)
- 3 x Miller Tripods Dolly with 6m track
- Miller Mini-jib 1.5m arm (heavy weight)
- Micro-jib 3m arm (light weight)
Aerial Drone: DJI Phantom 3 Pro drone (4K) with HDMI live output and yes I’m licensed to fly it! Details here.
- Paralinx Triton wireless HD camera link
- Atomos Samurai HD & Shogun 4K hard disc recorders
- Behringer 8 channel audio mixer
- Sony wireless audio kit (hand mics and lapels)
Multi Camera Live Streaming rig:
- 7 camera input (2 x fibre, 5 x SDI)
- Cabling: 300 & 200M fibre reels, 100, 75, 50, 25m SDI
- Unlimited virtual sources (IP streams, graphics etc)
- Recording main output + iso’s
- Monitoring: 3 x 22” screens
- OB Van rigged or “Fly-away” inside a venue
- Can also be used for multi camera directors monitoring and recording on location. More details here.
- 4 x LED fresnels
- 2 x LED 1 x 1 panels
- 2 x Kino (4 and 2 bar)
- Dedolight 4 head kit
- Reflector boards and scrims
Transport & Unit
- VW Crafter van: 4 seats + copious space for gear. Can be set up as mobile office, monitoring station and OB van
- 2way radios: 5 x 5 watt radios, 4 x 1 watt
- 2 x Quickshade marquees 6 x 3m
- 1200 Watt PA system for playback, directors PA or sound reinforcement on smaller live streaming jobs
- Tables, chairs and an enormous esky